If you love old, ancient cities, as well as destinations that are hiding many beautiful and impressing sights, then you have to start looking for such a place that to visit this summer…
Most summer destinations in Europe offer good conditions for recreation and having fun, but if you are keen on history, as well as feel a real pleasure while exploring some ancient place, then you have to direct to a holiday resort destination where can be seen many cultural sights!
And at first look, this may seems very easy task but in fact it’s not exactly like that…
What we mean? – Well, the ancient destinations across Europe are much less in comparison to the “standard” summer resorts where the only thing you can see is lots of sun and sand. – And a seaJ.
However, we do not want you to get us wrong… We love the typical, summer destinations and often visit them, but from time to time you have to experience something different and to do something that you never did so far.
To help you find a real fairy destination that to visit during the summer season, we wrote this article… And we thing that if you read it till the end, will get a good idea where to spend your summer leave of absent!
Croatia – a land of history and breathtaking beauty… A place that charms every single holidaymaker with its abounding magnetism and incredible sights! It is one of the few destinations across the world where you can combine romance with dynamic and high quality with low prices. There you can get lost among the ocean of amazing energy and to enjoy the hundreds, wonderful sceneries!
The places you can visit in Croatia are many and each of them deserves to be seen. Some of the lovely cities that are well-developed for tourism are:
– Dubrovnik – the most famous place in the country that thousands of tourist visit every summer. You can see it in every tourist offer for Croatia and surely know it from the Internet… If you have not been there before and are looking for beautiful destination for your summer holiday, Dubrovnik may be the perfect place where to spend a fulfilling vacation with your beloved ones! The city is one of the most suitable holiday destinations in case you have someone by your side who you want to surprise with unforgettable vacation for two… The old town of Dubrovnik will amaze you with its incredible marble streets, the many churches and museums, as well as with the endless possibilities for relaxation. Visit some of the restaurants along the Adriatic Sea coast, enjoy the magnificent sea views and try the delicious local cuisine!
– Split – located in Central Dalmatia, this city is also much visited destination where you can have the perfect summer holiday. It is a small city where you will see incredible narrow streets, many nice cafes and wonderful, small squares in Venetian style. Except this, in Split there are lots of cozy restaurants, antique shops and art galleries. For all people of art, the city will be a real inspiration and they always remember it! In 1979, the historical heritage of Split was also added to the UNESCO list. Go there and enjoy all the beauty of this place!
– Sibenik – this small town is really gorgeous and is also popular as a seaport. There you can see an amazing architecture and many other breathtaking sights! The town is the pride of Croatia and you will have the chance to visit many old churches. Since the city of Sibenik is hiding incredible, historical monuments that are well-present till today, it is also included in the list of UNESCO.
– Hvar – it is incredible place that is “blessed” with wonderful beaches, magical atmosphere and captivating nature. This is the perfect destination for you to go in case you need calmness and relaxation. Hvar is like an island in the paradise and is one of the most beautiful cities in Croatia!
– Zagreb – the capital of Croatia that is among the most visited spots in the country and just like the others we have mentioned above has a long list of remarkable landmarks and things for you to see. You should take a walk along the main street of Zagreb, where are located many cozy cafes, a big variety of shops and many impressing buildings.
– Pula – the sea pearl of Croatia that every fan of the summer holidays has to see! You will find this lovely city in Istria (a gorgeous peninsula located in the Adriatic) and by visiting it, you will be able to enjoy an inspiring beauty and romance. Pula is very important port center, has lots of historical sights and amazing ruins that are an object of huge interest from the tourists. The most distinctive landmark in Pula is the wonderful amphitheater called also “Arena”. There are conducted many interesting events and festivals, as well as impressing movie festivals!
– The Plitvice Lakes National Park – well, that is our favorite place in Croatia because we love the nature! And if you love the nature too, this is your place… Both the flora and fauna in this amazing natural park is the reason why thousands of tourists visit this place all time – and not only during the summer season… There you will have the pleasure to enjoy incredible lakes that are connected by beautiful waterfalls.
This miracle of nature is located between the city of Zagreb and the city of Zadar as there you can see sixteen amazing lakes! And except them, you can also enjoy dense forests and different animal species!
Croatia is on the top of our list when it comes to summer holidays… And it has to be on top of your list too! If you have not been in this lovely land before, then what are you waiting for? Go there as early as June and experience an unforgettable vacation for less. And if you want to learn more about this destination, follow our publications – very often we write about Croatia and the beautiful places you can find there!